Research Assistant in Dept. Renewable Energy
The Department of Renewable Energy is part of the Centre of Thermomechanics of Fluids, Institute of Fluid-Flow Machinery, Polish Academy of Sciences, Gdańsk, Poland.
Our research topics include:
- Combustion and gasification of biomass
- Boilers and gasificators
- Disposal of waste
- The porous layers
- Heat exchangers
The Department of Renewable Energy has at its disposal a very modern laboratory base. It includes Biofuels and Microenergetics Laboratory and Chemical Analysis Laboratory Laboratory. Our employees have also participated in the design of one of the laboratories in the Research Center PAN in Jabłonna near Warsaw.
Fields of research the Candidate will take part in:
- Research into heat transfer processes, taking evaporation and condensation into account.
- Research into radiative heat transfer.
- Research into pyrolysis of single biomass particle or bed of biomass particles – optimization of experimental methods, formulation of theoretical basics.
- Fluid flow measurements via Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV).
- Research into application of radiographic techniques in pyrolysis and gasification.
- Participation in research projects and other tasks at Renewable Energy Department.
We offer a full time, challenging position in a young and rapidly growing Department of Renewable Energy. We offer a salary predicted for that position at IMP PAN, plus extra salary depending on research projects possibilities.
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal questionnaire
- Copies of diplomas and certificates
- Publication record including journal papers, conference presentations, research projects, prizes etc.
Indicate the title of the offer and reference number (in brackets) on the application form, in the heading of your e-mail and in all future correspondence relating to this application.