PostDoc (R2/R3) on Hardware Design and Machine Learning (SuPerCom Project)
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 460 staff from 44 countries.
Context and Mission
- The Operations Department ensures the continuous daily functioning of the RES supercomputers and remote access by users both within Spain and internationally. In addition to all the routine maintenance and operations tasks, the Department staff is also heavily involved in planning and designing new systems and support facilities.
- We are offering a position for Junior High Performance Computing User Support. We will accept candidatures interested in a part-time work as well as students of Computer Sciences Engineering Degree. There is the option to perform within operations department the Undergraduate Thesis Project related to HPC and supercomputing.
- During the first 3 months, the BSC staff will train the candidate in HPC technologies, supercomputers, performance tools and programming models.
- After the first three months of training, the candidate will take the following responsibilities:
- Resolve the incidences that the Spanish Supercomputing Network (RES) users may have during their executions as well as assist them in developing their applications to obtain an efficient use of the computational resources
- Maintenance of the databases related to the activities and projects of the Center
- Help the User Support and applications consultant group with performance application monitoring and parallel optimization
The position will be located at BSC within the Operations Department
We offer a part-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, home office, fully support to the relocation procedures
Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
Starting date: ASAP
- All applications must include:
- A motivation letter
- A full CV including contact details
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in Spain