Taught Student Administration Assistant
The post holder will be responsible for the creation, maintenance, review and control of centrally-administered University electronic and hardcopy records relating to students, in accordance with University regulations and office procedures.
The post-holder would be responsible for the data of students in a group of Schools, and contribute to the objective of making the University a welcoming and friendly place for students and visitors.
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Mathematics and English Language (or equivalent).
- Proven experience of successful working in a customer service based environment.
- Proven track record of ability to integrate with and function effectively as part of a busy, diverse and established team.
- A high degree of resourcefulness e.g. the ability to transfer existing knowledge to new situations to formulate a solution to a problem.
- An ability to independently and confidently seek out and apply or advise on matters of University of Birmingham legislation.
- Evidence of good IT skills, including word-processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong time-management and organisational skills.
- Able to accurately judge the urgency of tasks and to reliably, independently and consistently prioritise their workload accordingly.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills