Research Assistant in Cognitive Science
Do you have an interest in using Virtual Reality systems to conduct laboratory-based human performance experiments?
Would you like to join an exceptional team of collaborators in psychology and computer science and engineering working on a novel approach to the development of robotic systems?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Perception-Action-Cognition group at University of Leeds to participate in an EPSRC funded project in their “Human-Like Computing” initiative. This is one of two roles on an 18-month feasibility study entitled “Human-like physics understanding for autonomous robots” to investigate whether data garnered from how humans manipulate objects in cluttered environments can be used to improve robots’ abilities to do the same. You will be responsible for running large-scale experiments in virtual reality with human participants. Data from these experiments will be used to create control algorithms that will be implemented and tested in a grasping robot. You will also contribute to evaluating the efficacy of this human-inspired method to system development against traditional computational approaches.
To explore the post further or for any enquiries you may have, please contact:Dr Faisal Mushtaq, eoarthritis Strategic LeadTel: +44 (0)113 343 6640, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom