Research Associate in Computational Biology
4 days left
- Full Time
This project will open completely new avenues for the rational engineering multi-cellular biological systems. To explore the potential impact and establish this new area of research, it is expected that the PDRA will engage with the public through outreach sessions in local schools, organise an academic meeting focusing on the role of computational modelling in bioengineering, and contribute to new grant applications to grow this research over the long-term.
You will work within the School of Biological Sciences and become a member of the Biocompute Lab (www.biocomputelab.org) and BrisSynBio (www.bristol.ac.uk/brissynbio), a BBSRC/EPSRC funded synthetic biology research centre at the University of Bristol. You will also work closely with the newly formed Virtual Biology Laboratory for Synthetic Biology.
You will hold an Undergraduate degree and PhD in a discipline relevant to high-performance computing (e.g. computer science, engineering, mathematics or physics).
For further information regarding the position or informal enquires and questions please contact Dr Thomas Gorochowski (email@example.com).
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom