Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - Tribological and materials characterisation
6 days left
- Full Time
To create and contribute to the creation of knowledge by undertaking a specified range of activities with the EPSRC – Bright Ideas, Engineering a Prosperous Nation funded project. Born Slippy is an adventurous research programme that aims to discover the tribological profile of therapeutic hysterosalpingography (HSG), using a series of novel experimental procedures
- First degree in Mechanical Engineering, materials science and a higher degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, or biomedical engineering a focus on Human Reproduction would be advantageous.
- High level analytical capability, with evidence of the application of engineering principles, including:
- Knowledge of characterising complex materials, desirable would be human cells, biological and similar materials.
- Knowledge of the novel aspects of lubricants and characterisation processes as well as the ability to benchmark fluids for required needs.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Experience in the design of bespoke test rigs
- Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones, including:
- Statistical analysis
- High level of programming experience with MATLAB, R and similar languages
- Knowledge and prior practice on the use of mathematical models and computational software relevant for the simulation of tribological behaviour
- Experience with relevant experimental techniques, including:
- Experience with usage of advanced material testing, as well as advanced surface characterisation such as SEM, EDS and topography analysis and measurement techniques.
- Experience with usage of advanced material testing such as SEM and White Light Interferometry
- Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
- Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
- High level analytical capability
- Contribute to the planning and organising of Born Slippy
- Co-ordinate own work with others to avoid conflict or duplication of effort
28 Feb 2018
For further information please contact Dr Karl D Dearn, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01214144190
Please note this post is aligned to external funding and therefore the salary on offer is up to a maximum of £31,604 per year only.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemical Engineering jobs in United Kingdom