Researcher - ICTs for Personalized Medicine
5 days left
- Full Time
With 6 technical departments and over 115 researchers –including 45 PhDs- and over 70 scientific publications per year, Vicomtech promotes the use of the latest state-of-the-art technologies in applications that support the cycle of innovation in companies and institutions of our environment, including those from the healthcare and biotechnological sectors.
With a strong focus on applied research for industrial problems, approximately 50% of the centre’s activity is done by contract, 20-25% on European projects –such as Horizon 2020- and 30% from national and local grants, obtained mostly from competitive calls.
The eHealth and Biomedical Applications Department is a source of innovative solutions in the biomedical sector, with applications of technologies such as biomedical image analysis, biomedical simulation, decision support systems based on artificial intelligence approaches, computer assisted surgery and many others
We are looking for motivated candidates with demonstrated experience within the field of ICT technologies for Personalized Medicine, to be part of the team dealing with Big Data and Personalize Medicine applications, which include applications such as Big Data for public health, translational research and clinical practice in several scenarios, imaging biomarkers, advanced patient stratification based on multi-modal data analysis, clinical bioinformatics, analysis of patient cohorts in Randomized Clinical Trials (RCTs) and/or Real World Data (RWD) scenarios.
Candidates must show a proactive attitude for applied research, showing an excellent scientific and/or technical record on the offer topic, a proved teamwork capacity and commitment to understand the needs of clients and project partners, as well as the ones coming from other projects and initiatives on this research line. Candidates should have also the necessary programming skills to convert their knowledge into actual software solutions.
The profile of the candidate is as follow:
- At least a M.Sc. degree in relevant subjects.
- A Ph.D. degree on related topics or candidates about to complete their doctoral training will also be considered.
Given the broad range of possible application scenarios, we look for a versatile candidate with demonstrable experience if possible in more than one of these areas:
- Applied / Translational bioinformatics (genomics, transcriptomics epigenomics… in convergence with clinical informatics) and related software development.
- Experience in machine / deep learning will be highly valued.
- Biomedical image analysis oriented to imaging biomarker development, with special focus in characterization of disease processes in modalities such as magnetic resonance or computerized tomography (radiomics) or pathology (pathomics).
- Experience in machine / deep learning will be highly valued
- Advanced patient stratification supported by ICT technologies, which may include al sorts of data analysis and machine learning
- Big Data in healthcare with applications in personalized medicine or other healthcare scenarios (ie public health)
- Cohort data analysis in RCT and RWD, which may involve experience in correlation analysis, data models, knowledge engineering , machine/deep learning or visual analytics among others.
- Patient outcomes, lifestyle or environmental data gathering and analysis (ie through patients apps, open data sources) that may be related to other genotype or phenotype information for research, biomarker discovery or clinical applications.
- Experience on European projects and/or projects with industrial partners will be considered
- Given the applied research nature of the centre and solutions to develop, experience on software development (ie for bioinformatics, image analysis, data analysis etc) is required and the capability to implement graphical user interfaces will be considered.
High level of written and spoken English, at least intermediate level of Spanish. Knowledge of other languages such as Basque, French or German will be also valued.
Incorporation to a dynamic, innovative and leading centre in the fields of Computer Graphics, Visual Computing and Multimedia, at national and European levels within the eHealth and Biomedical Applications Department. Possibility of developing your own ideas and projects in relation with the healthcare industry and professionals in the high potential field of ICT technologies applied to personalized medicine. Possible participation in European Projects, access to required training and a possible applied research career.
Interested candidates should send their CV –citing Personalized Medicine- to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in Spain
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Physical Sciences and Engineering jobs in Spain