Research Fellow in Analytical Biochemistry
4 days left
- Full Time
Do you have an established background in protein and lipid analysis?
Do you want to further your career in one of the UKs leading research intensive Universities?
This post will support the Mackie Research group in determining the role of multiscale structure on the kinetics and pathways of nutrient release. In many food related non-communicable diseases, risk is associated with repeated high levels of systemic exposure to specific components such as monosaccharides, fatty acids etc. In particular, the research group are interested in gastric phase behaviour, mucosal interactions and the role of bile. The focus of the group’s research on digestive fate has led to a requirement for a biochemist with the skills to undertake quantitative analysis of digesta produced using in vitro simulations of the upper gastrointestinal tract. In addition, the role of dietary fibre in the altering the bioaccessibility of nutrients is also under investigation involving planned collaborations with the faculties of Biological Sciences and Medicine and Health.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:Alan Mackie, Head of the School of Food Science and Nutrition,Tel: +44 (0)113 343 1420, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Cell and Molecular Biology jobs in United Kingdom