Administrative Officer to the Director: Planning & Development
Facility Management: Planning & DevelopmentAdministrative Officer to the Director: Planning & Development(Ref. PD/038/0118)
This challenging position requires exceptional expertise, discretion and organising ability, as well as outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. The incumbent will be responsible for providing secretarial support to the director as well as administrative support to the Division.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Director: Planning & Development, including the handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls;
- Providing administrative support to the divisions of Planning & Development;
- Administering and scheduling activities of the Director: Planning & Development with regard to managerial, organisational and administrative functions;
- Continuously developing and maintaining an effective filing system;
- Handling correspondence, including email;
- Typing letters, memoranda and other relevant documents for the Director and his management team;
- Receiving guests and visitors, as well as organising hospitality services;
- Making appointments and managing the diaries of the Director and his management team;
- Making arrangements for travel and accommodation;
- Taking minutes at management meetings;
- Preparing for and arranging meetings, agendas and reports;
- Internal and external liaising with stakeholders;
- Dealing with and/or referring general enquiries;
- Supporting the Director: Planning & Development and the management team in marketing and promoting Facilities Management to their clients;
- Coordinating management information and the presentation of such in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.
- A postmatric secretarial or administrative qualification (or equivalent);
- Full bilingualism (English and Afrikaans);
- A minimum of five years' secretarial and/or administrative experience;
- Proven secretarial and administrative experience gained within a university or corporate environment;
- Independence in executing tasks;
- Ability to liaise with individuals at management and other levels, both within and outside the University;
- A high level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Proven ability to take initiative both independently and within a team;
- Ability to function under pressure without compromising accuracy;
- An excellent verbal and written command of Afrikaans as well as English;
- Highlevel organising ability;
- Excellent interpersonal relations;
- Maintaining effective office practices;
- A valid Code EB driver's licence.
- Experience in providing secretarial and administrative support at management level at a tertiary institution, or in the building and related industries;
- Excellent communication and liaising skills and experience;
- Secretarial and administrative experience in a facility management, architectural or engineering environment.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content:
Mr Japie Engelbrecht, Director Project Management , on 021 808 9164 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process:
Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753