Direct Sales Manager
Corporate Communication Division
Direct Sales Manager
MFM 92.6, an independent community radio station and the hub of the Stellenbosch youth.
- General public relations work at shows and events;
- Focusing on sales efforts by studying existing and potential clients;
- Keeping management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly work plans and monthly reports;
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management;
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies;
- Maintaining records of area and customer sales;
- Promoting/selling/securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationshipbased approach;
- Explaining services to existing/potential customers and assisting them in selecting those that are best suited to their needs;
- Making telephone calls and inperson visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers;
- Developing clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers;
- Coordinating sales efforts with the Operations manager;
- Providing onthejob training to staff members who are interested in doing sales.
- Minimum of oneyear relevant sales experience;
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans (reading, writing and verbally);
- Negotiating and networking skills;
- Good administration skills;
- Microsoft Office literate;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Driver’s licence and own transport;
- Willingness and availability to travel and to work overtime;
- Sales and target driven.
- Experience with young adults;
- Knowledge of MFM 92.6.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates. Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content:
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process:
Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753