Doctoral Student - Basel & Nursing Science, Department of Public Health
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Achieve his/her PhD in Nursing Science within a timeframe of 3-4 years
- Contribute to the data collection, data analysis and dissemination of the GERAS project.
- Participate in teaching activities of the Master in Nursing Science curriculum
- A master degree in Nursing Science, Public Health, Medicine, Health Economics or another field of health sciences or Master degree from a University of Applied Sciences of similar fields with outstanding grades;
- Experience in geriatric nursing is highly desirable;
- Sound knowledge of Office software (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Sound methodological and statistical skills and sound knowledge of statistical analysis software such as R or STATA or the willingness to develop these skills and knowledge;
- Proficiency in German (level C2) and Swiss German, good oral and written English skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
We offer you
- Profit from first-hand experience in health services research, working with healthcare providers, policy-makers and decision-makers in acute care settings;
- Be embedded in the interdisciplinary Frailty & Multisystem Dysregulation Research Group at Felix Platter Hospital, and benefit from the well-established INS research infrastructure.
- Access to the Swiss PhD in Nursing Science Educational Platform (SPINE), a joint PhD educational infrastructure of the University of Basel and University of Lausanne for nursing science students; and the infrastructure offered by the PhD in Health Sciences Educational Platform (PPHS -www.pphs.unibas.ch);
- Experience a stimulating international working environment which has collaborative relationships with leading international nursing researchers and centers of research in long-term care (see http://nursing.unibas.ch/en/home/);
- Work in the heart of Basel, and participating hospitals in St. Gallen, Bern, Lausanne, and Geneva.
- Receive compensation in accordance with the Swiss National Science Foundation criteria for doctoral students.
Application / Contact
Please send your application in a single electronic document by April 30.2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include a letter of interest (max. 700 words), a statement of research interests (max. 200 words), curriculum vitae and details of three referees.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in Switzerland
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Nursing jobs in Switzerland