Research Fellow in Biomedical Imaging
Do you have a background in computational modelling and data analysis with advanced cardiovascular imaging skills?
Do you want to further your career in one of the UK’s leading research intensive Universities?
You will join a novel programme of research that aims to develop novel biophysical models for quantifying cardiac microstructural properties based on diffusion Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) data. Building on preliminary work from our group, you will refine and develop models for calculating relevant parameters such as myocyte size, volume and orientation, based on diffusion MRI data in fixed hearts obtained in our state-of-the-art preclinical imaging facility. The accuracy of these models will then be validated with high-resolution synchrotron imaging. You will characterize the model response with respect to various experimental parameters under normal and disease conditions. The ultimate aim of the project is to translate the developed approaches in proof-of-concept studies to human hearts. The programme is funded for 3 years by the British Heart Foundation.A PhD (or equivalent) in the subject area of MRI, Computational Modelling or a closely allied discipline (within Physics, Engineering, Computing etc.) is essential. You will also have a strong background in cardiovascular MR imaging and post-processing (including data analysis).
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact: Professor Jurgen Schneider, Professor in Biomedical Imaging Tel: +44 (0)113 343 8310,email: J.E.Schneider@leeds.ac.uk
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') General Computing jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Life Sciences jobs in United Kingdom