PhD Studentship - Towards efficient and scalable syntheses of fluorinated drug candidates
This work is sponsored by a UK company (NZP UK), and there will be regular meetings with the company to exchange research results.
You will be working in a modern synthetic organic chemistry lab with all necessary facilities. Upscaling chemistry will be carried out on placement at the newly purpose-built laboratories of NZP UK, equipped with the latest relevant technology. NZP UK is an expanding company with excellent job opportunities.
The project is funded for 3 years, includes a minimum 3-month placement at NZP UK near Reading, and welcomes motivated applicants from the UK/EU who have or expect to obtain at least an upper second class degree in chemistry, and who have carried out at least one lab-based project in synthetic organic chemistry. Funding will cover fees and a stipend at current research council rates (201718 and subject to increase in 201819) of £ 14,777 per annum.
Due to funding restrictions this position is only open to UK/EU applicants
Applications for a PhD in Chemistry should be submitted online at https://studentrecords.soton.ac.uk/BNNRPROD/bzsksrch.P_Search
Please ensure you select the academic session 2018-2019 in the academic year field and click on the Research radio button. Enter Chemistry in the search text field.
Please place Prof Bruno Linclau in the field for proposed supervisor/project
Applications will be considered in the order that they are received, and interviews will be organized from the end of February onwards. The position will be considered filled when a suitable candidate has been identified.
More jobs like this
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Business and Finance jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Science jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Computer Science and IT jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Chemistry jobs in United Kingdom
- £30,000 - £39,999 Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') Biochemistry jobs in United Kingdom