European and International Post Award Funding Officer
We are seeking to appoint a European and International Post-Award Funding Officer to join the European and International Research Support team, which is part of Research Support Services.
The post holder's main role will be, on one hand, to provide hands-on support to grant holders and project managers for the delivery of their European Commission funded projects and in particular with regard to compliance to the terms and conditions of funders, changes to the delivery plans of the project, engagement with partner organizations and funders, and fulfilling internal processes and flows, and on the other hand to monitor external funders rules in order to spot areas for impact or improvements for university systems and processes, and propose solutions. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring that Horizon 2020 audit files are maintained in or orderly, timely and complete fashion, and ensuring that that handover from negotiation to set up works smoothly.
This is a permanent position. There will be an extended handover period with the current postholder to enable the new person to feel integrated.
In particular, the post-holder would have:
- 2.1 Honors Degree
- 3 year experience in research post-award management within academia e.g. project manager or administrator.
- Strong experience of delivering research projects that involve bilateral/multilateral partnerships.
- Sound experience in European Commission-related research initiatives and funding programmes and in particular FP7 and Horizon 2020.
- Strong experience of facilitating research collaboration activities and follow-through agreed activities.
- Sound experience of customer support and relation.
- Highly organised individual who has the ability to manipulate a large amount of information.
- Strong ability to grasp new concepts and knowledge quickly, and propose innovative solutions, as appropriate.
- Fluent in a second language, with a preference for French or German.
- Experience in gathering and circulating research-related information to the interested stakeholders.
- Experience of research and/or office environments with a certain degree of responsibility and autonomy, and in working with project management tools, budgets and/or, personnel experience.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability to balance longer-term planning with need to react quickly to immediate problems/issues arising.
- Excellent liaison skills at all levels, both inside and outside University environment.
- Evidence of good management of own time, with short to long-term horizons.
- Able to use own initiative to prioritise a varied workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to analyse problems and summarise key points to other Corporate Services staff.
- Ability to exercise own initiative on a fully reasoned basis and to react to and adapt to change as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written and presentational.
- Experience of organising workshops and presenting in front of 30+ individuals and committees.
- Proficient with IT tools and in particular MS Office
- Experience of designing and building website experience and using social media.
- This post will require the post holder to work outside normal Office hours occasionally. Travel (UK and abroad) may occur.