Admin Control Officer - Faculty of Health Sciences
The incumbent will be responsible for the effective and efficient handling of postgraduate student administration affairs in the Student Administration Office of the Faculty of Health Sciences with specific reference to:
- Full spectrum of student administration for postgraduate students, including applications;
- Professional liaison with a broad spectrum of stakeholders (prospective students, applicants, registered students, finalists, graduates, supervisors, external examiners and other relevant stakeholders);
- Handling telephonic, electronic and written enquiries;
- Ad hoc tasks within Student Administration as determined by line-manager and Head of Student Administration from time-to-time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent tertiary qualification;
- Three years' experience in student administration in a tertiary education environment specifically related to postgraduate applications process.
- Appropriate language and communication skills that are essential for effective interaction with a diverse clientele;
- Computer literacy with a broad knowledge and experience of MS Office packages, (especially Excel), Gmail and all aspects of PeopleSoft including the application process;
- Sound interpersonal and motivational skills
- A positive client service attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to participate effectively within team;
- Accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of SAQA and HESA requirements
Added advantages and preferences
- A relevant honours degree;
- Five years' experience in Student Administration;
- Two years' PeopleSoft Campus Solutions experience;
- A driver's licence.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 460 359 to R 568 612 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University's contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
Closing date: 12 December 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Ms A Welman, Tel: (012) 356 3062
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 28 February 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.,
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa