Senior Lecturer - Department of Accounting
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF ACCOUNTING
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in Accounting;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals;
- Academic administration and management.
- CA(SA) qualification AND a Master's degree in Accounting;
- Experience in independent research and/or involvement in research activities in Accounting;
- Practical industry experience in Accounting.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to effectively function in a group;
- Appropriate lecturing skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- The completion or near completion of a PhD in Accounting;
- Involvement in published academic research outputs;
- Involvement in professional activities.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present their most recent research project and future research plans to a screening panel.
Applicants are requested to apply vai the apply online button below and follow the link: Careers@UP.
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Mary-Jane Ndlovu, Tel: (012) 420 4977
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.