ALC Program Director
3 days left
- Full Time
Over the next 40 years, ALU aims to develop 3 million entrepreneurs and industry leaders by employing engaging, evidence-based teaching methods to integrate student learning with the real world, empower students to take ownership of their own learning, and equip students with the ability to think entrepreneurially.
Faculty at ALU are scholars, educators, and/or practitioners in their respective fields who want to be at the frontier of global higher education. Our faculty members are passionate about learning innovation, have the freedom to experiment with new approaches to learning, and have the chance to work with some of the most motivated students in the world.
ABOUT OUR ADMINISTRATION
At ALU, our approach to Academic Administration is a departure from conventional, heavily hierarchical, silo-based approaches, and instead focuses on collaborative and cross-functional teams. Our Executive Office is responsible for ensuring the communication and collaboration between those teams and facilitating the efficiency and effectiveness of the working and learning environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position ensures the effective and efficient delivery of a GCU-supported curriculum that fits our vision of providing leaders the business education, leadership skills, and regional context necessary to transform Africa.
As the ALC Program Director, you will be responsible for developing and managing the day-to-day academics for our undergraduate program. You will take the lead on developing the organizational capabilities needed to design and deliver our blended learning experience through online courses and recurring, weeklong, in-person sessions.
You will manage the implementation and maintenance of the learning portfolio through relationships with faculty, operations staff, guest lecturers, external online course collaborators and even students. In addition, in this position, you will continuously conduct assessments of the curriculum's impact and constantly search for applicable best practices. This role is full-time and will be based in Mauritius.
- Have a Master's degree (preferably PhD) in Management, Academic Administration or related field
- Have the ability to manage a group of dynamic educators
- Are passionate about transformative education
- Have exposure to a start-up culture (preferable)
- Understand the major domains and trends in academic administration and know how to get up to speed on the areas where experience is lacking
- Potentially have strategic design and implementation experience
- Believe in the potential of students, and see them as active participants in learning, as opposed to passive recipients of information