Associate Director, Online Programs
6 days left
- Full Time
- (HE10) $122,720- $130,819 per annum plus an employer contribution of up to 17% may apply
- Fixed term contract until December 2021
- Take on the leadership and management of the University's high-quality co-created online programs driving the growth of an expanded portfolio
- Extensive experience in development and management of aligned online education programs and related services within the global higher education sector
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, including effective process improvement, identifying strategic opportunities, financial and compliance management, empowering others and leading in a dynamic and Agile environment
- Extensive experience in leading high performance cross functional teams, including leading through change, supporting transition and creating a collaborative and creative culture
- Demonstrated extensive experience of driving customer-centred business development in higher education relating to open and online learning in higher education or relevant industry sector
- Sophisticated stakeholder management skills, with comprehensive experience in managing internal relations in a large consensus-based organisation and enabling advancement by leveraging strategic relationships
- Proven expertise and success in the leadership and management of multiple services and complex projects that require highly developed organisational leadership and project management skills, including autonomous judgment, the capacity to identify and initiate creative solutions, and to act independently within established guidelines
- Demonstrated skills and success in financial and resource management within a complex, changing and constrained environment to achieve strategic and operational goals to high levels of quality, timeliness and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to develop extensive internal and external networks to support the achievement of institutional objectives for teaching enhancement and innovation.
Reporting to the Director, Learning Enhancement and Innovation, the Associate Director, Online Learning will be responsible for leadership and management of the University's high-quality co-created online programs in partnership with an external provider. This role will drive the University's growth of an expanded portfolio of online learning, inclusive of AdelaideX at-scale online programs and individual MOOCs, to meet the objectives of the University's Strategic Plan and its Operational Plans.
The Learning Enhancement and Innovation team leads institution-wide development and change in learning and teaching, encompassing the University's blended delivery programs and open learning opportunities through AdelaideX Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and associated products. This also encompasses the University's development of a suite of high quality fully online academic programs through strategic internal and external partnerships to achieve strategic targets.
To be successful you will need:
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs—including significant industry, government and community collaborations—offers you vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature—not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour—provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/jobs/
Your division's broader role
The Division of Academic and Student Engagement drives the University's strategic activities in relation to learning and teaching. This includes ensuring all Adelaide students have a quality experience, and investing in our academic staff's professional development.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/operations
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to the eight key accountabilities listed above. Please ensure your cover letter and selection criteria responses are contained in one document of no more than three pages. Applications close 11:55pm (ACST), 27 January 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Ms Eleanor De Guglielmo
Administration Officer, Learning Enhancement and Innovation
You'll find a full position description below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device)
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.