Head of Governance and Assurance
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar, you will be responsible for further developing the University's governance and assurance framework, providing leadership and accountability for governance across the institution, ensuring that the University is well governed and meets the principles of good governance. You will managing a team of experienced governance professionals, ensuring they have the resources and support needed to work effectively. You will also provide support to the Registrar and Secretary in her role as Secretary to both Council and Senate.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of the governance mechanisms and structures used in higher education
- Experience of working with, and influencing, senior management
- Ability to develop and lead an effective and motivated team
- Significant experience of reviewing, developing and implementing effective governance mechanisms
- Experience of supporting key University committees
- Experience of interpreting government policy and providing comment and advice to a range of service users
The University of York is a highly successful institution with a strong commitment to excellence in research and teaching. A member of the prestigious Russell Group, we are a dynamic, research-intensive university and have experienced significant growth over the past ten years. Based on the edge of the historic city of York, our colleges are set in an attractive landscaped campus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience on the Senior Management pay scales £57,000 - £78,000. The role includes an attractive benefits package, including a generous pension scheme (18% Employer contribution) and 38 days annual leave.
Closing date: 3 February 2019
Interviews: 4 March 2019
Informal enquiries may be directed to Paul Ellison (Recruitment Adviser) firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork