Post-doctoral Fellowship in Seaweed
The Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Algae headed by Dr. Pio Colepicolo (PD supervisor) focuses on discovering new bioactive compound and developing protocols for better use of seaweed's biomasses within a bioeconomy context. The PD fellow will integrate a metabolomic team that works with well-stablished liquid- and gas-chromatographers coupled to mass spectrometers (LC-MS and GC-MS) protocols.
The qualifications recquired for this position are:
- must have a PhD degree within the subjects Plant Physiology or Biochemistry;
- must have experience on metabolism, physiology and molecular biology of macroalgae;
- field sampling and identification of macroalgae
- to have good statistical background (preferably on multivariative analyses) and experience with appropriate software (eg., R-Project).
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP's Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of R$ 7,373.10 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2622.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil