Young Investigator Fellowship in Computational Fluid Dynamics
The Institute for Technological Research of the State of São Paulo (IPT-SP), Brazil, opens applications for FAPESP's (São Paulo Research Foundation) Young Investigator Award in the computational fluid dynamics field applied to industrial process. The program is for a period of 24 months and will be attached to the Research Institutional Developing Plan - PDIP - in the field of digital transformation: advanced manufacturing and smart and sustainable cities (2017/50343-2). The selected candidate will be awarded with a FAPESP Young Investigator monthly payment of R$ 8.377,50 free of fees/tax (http://www.fapesp.br/3162).
This Young Investigator program will be attached in the PDIP advanced manufacturing axis, acting in the fluid dynamics modeling (CFD) field of biophysical-chemical manufacturing processes applied to the mining-metallurgical, chemical and biotechnology industries. It is expected that the Young Investigator will actively assist the researchers linked to this project in the development of the following prototypes:
- Bidimensional-axisymmetric CFD modeling of direct reduction processes of ore pellets;
- Modelling of degassing process during secondary steelmaking;
- Phenomenological model of bioprocess for cell and bioactive production;
The principal objective of this Young Investigator program is the development of methods for adequate design and analysis of CFD numeric models using open code software, using international guidelines of Verification & Validation procedures in order to quantify the precision of the numerical results.
Development of Verification & Validation methods in the computational fluid dynamics modeling applied to industrial process using open code software.
Duration of the fellowship: The fellowship for this research project is for a period of 2 (two) years, which requires exclusive dedication.
Must have a PhD with a subject related to the computational fluid dynamics;
- Expertise of work/research with computational fluid dynamics open code software, being desirable of Verification & Validation methods applied to CFD;
- The candidate is expected to have strong academic record and excellent verbal and written communication skills, at least in English language. The publications will be valued;
- Is desirable that the candidate have expertise in the management of Research, Development and Innovation projects.
Application: The application must be sent to Laboratory of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Institute for Technological Research (IPT), reference "Candidate for Young Investigator", by the follow address mail: email@example.com.
Interested applicants are requested to send the following documentation (in PDF format):
- Cover letter describing your research interests, expertise and career objectives;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Copy of your most significant and recent publications;
- Recommendation letter, and;
- The names of at least 3 references.
Deadline: Applications are expected until 26th April 2019.
More information about the fellowship is at: fapesp.br/oportunidades/2599.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows:
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence:
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies:
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil