Trainee Health Information Technician (Information Unit)
Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Trainee Health Information Technician (Information Unit).
You will be offered one year extensive traineeship programme in the Health Information Management Services Department. The training programme will be conducted through hands on experience and selected trainees will be exposed to real work scenarios.
- retrieving booked and unbooked patient's records for patient care from all locations of the department based on requisitions received from clinics, wards, ER and put in their respective place.
- organising patient records in their respective files by verifying the medical record number.
- tracking overdue files on the shelves through overdue list ensure availability of medical records required for patient care.
- receiving / reviewing patient records request and maintain review logs in order to facilitate the research activity.
- shelving all patient records in terminal digit order for prompt retrieval of records required for patient care.
- Intermediate preferably Graduate from a recognized institution.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Proficiency in MS Office is preferred.