Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Assistant/ Associate Professor, Psychiatry. Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University, as Pakistan's first private international university, is committed to the provision of education, research, and health care of international standard relevant to Pakistan and the region. The affiliated Aga Khan University Hospital has well-equipped investigative services and provides state-of-the-art clinical facilities.The Department of Psychiatry has a strong commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate education, research, and clinical service.
The Department of Psychiatry has a strong commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate education, research, and clinical service. The Department offers comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, consultation and treatment services in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Treatment modalities include pharmacotherapy, ECT, individual and family therapy and behavior management techniques. Subspecialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry. An occupational therapy programme is attached to the inpatient and day care services. Formal structured undergraduate teaching and postgraduate residency programmes are integrated into the academic functions of the department.
You will be expected to:
- Have independent consultant status and undertake undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research and specified administrative activities.
- provide accessible, compassionate, ethical and evidence-based care to patients in the academic setup
- conduct out-patient clinics and manage in-patient service
- conduct research by defining a research project, undertaking research, synthesizing research findings and publishing and disseminating the conclusions to a wider audience
- formulate the objectives of a course and appropriate instructional strategies, teach effectively as well as evaluate the recipients and the course
- teach and train undergraduates and postgraduates according to the defined standards and curriculum
- participate in national and international academic medical education conferences and symposiums
- participate in departmental and organizational performance improvement activities.
You should have:
- Completed a structured postgraduate training program and possess an exam earned (not honorary) FCPS, MRCPsych, American Board or equivalent qualification
- At least three years' experience in a reputable institution and demonstrated scholarship through research, publications and/or contribution to education
- Experience as a major contributor in 2 or more papers in peer reviewed journals.