Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Marketing
- Provide supervision to postgraduate students, namely Honours and Master's students, and act as supervisor for PhD students.
- Lecture Marketing Management at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Conduct research in the field of Marketing and deliver quality research outputs in line with the research strategy of the Faculty.
- Participate in community activities such as mentorship, and provide training and short courses in the areas of specialisation.
- Perform academic administration pertaining to undergraduate and postgraduate subjects - this may include typing, setting and marking of all question papers and memorandums, recording of marks and handling of student complaints.
- Serve as a member of various academic committees and perform any other tasks allocated by the Dean and head of department.
- Master's degree in Business Management with specialisation in Marketing.
- Proven experience in the presentation of poster or oral presentation at conferences.
- A good academic record.
- PhD in Business Management with specialisation in Marketing.
- Proven experience in the presentation of papers/posters at national scholarly conferences.
- Proven national recognition for specialist expertise and research in a specific area of scholarship.
- An NRF rating or demonstrate potential for obtaining an NRF rating.
- Proven experience in supervision of graduated master's students.
- A proven research record of relevant publications in national and international accredited journals.
- Proven experience of service as an active member of a national or international scholarly society or committee or agency concerned with research at higher education levels.
- Lecturer: Willing to enrol for a PhD, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and, the ability to function well in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) as well as relevant statistical software.
- Business Acumen.
- Result Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- Proven lecturing experience in the Higher Education environment.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
28 February 2019.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/ 9961/3592.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.