Lecturer - Department of Performing Arts (Drama)
2 days left
- Full Time
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide academic and practical teaching in movement, physical theatre and choreography at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Undertake academic administration and other duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Be involved in module and curriculum development;
- Contribute scholarly publications and creative research projects;
- Supervise creative projects at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervise postgraduate research at the appropriate level;
- Participate in the Department and the School of Arts' strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A Master's degree in Drama/Theatre/Dance/Performance Studies;
- Evidence of research and creative production;
- Appropriate professional experience in movement, physical theatre and choreography;
- Appropriate teaching experience in movement, physical theatre and choreography;
- A portfolio of professional creative work;
- The successful candidate will need to either be registered for a PhD or confirm registration within six months of appointment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Appropriate computer skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A Doctoral degree in Drama/Theatre/Dance/Performance Studies;
- Three years' appropriate teaching experience at tertiary level;
- A professional award for creative work;
- Experience in supervising creative work and research at postgraduate level;
- Experience in intermediality and performance/digital technologies and performance.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Kgabo Dinyake, Tel: (012) 420 3889
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.