Lecturer - Department of Performing Arts (Drama)
2 days left
- Full Time
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide academic and practical teaching in Acting, Performance and Theatre Voice at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Undertake academic administration and other duties as determined by the Head of the Arts;
- Be involved in module and curriculum development;
- Contribute scholarly publications and DoHET accredited creative research outputs;
- Supervise creative projects at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Supervise postgraduate research at the appropriate level;
- Participate in the Department and School of Arts' strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A Master's degree in Drama/Theatre/Performance Studies specialising in Acting, Performance and Theatre Voice;
- A record in professional creative production as actor, performer and voice artist;
- Appropriate teaching experience in Acting, Performance and Theatre Voice (theory and practice at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- The successful candidate will need to either be registered for a PhD or confirm registration within six months of appointment.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- In-depth theoretical and experiential knowledge of varied acting, performance and theatre voice approaches/systems;
- Appropriate skills to work in varied genres and modes of performance;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Appropriate computer skills;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Administrative competence and a strong work ethic.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A Doctoral degree in Drama/Theatre/Performance studies;
- Advanced training in Lessac Kinesensics;
- Experience in theatre-making;
- Three years' appropriate teaching experience at tertiary level;
- A professional award for creative work;
- Accredited publications;
- Experience in supervising creative work and research at postgraduate level;
- Experience in musical theatre.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2019
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Kgabo Dinyake, Tel: (012) 420 3889
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 April 2019, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.