Lecturer: IsiZulu Education, School of Social Sciences and Language Education
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate certificate in Education (PGCE) modules in IsiZulu Education and other foundational modules in Education.
- Participate in the work integrated learning programme of the Faculty (teaching practice).
- Ensure active involvement in research activities of the Faculty.
- Contribute to curriculum development in the field of IsiZulu Education specifically, and Languages Education in general.
- Supervise and provide consultation sessions for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Work in a team with colleagues within the Faculty.
- Contribute to leadership and administrative task related to the Faculty.
- Master's degree in Education with specialisation in the teaching and learning of IsiZulu Home Language in Schools.
- A Bachelor`s degree with IsiZulu as a major.
- Proven experience in the delivery of presentations at conferences or equivalent activities.
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- A minimum of five (5) years teaching experience in a schooling context or three-years teaching experience in a higher education context.
- Teaching experience in IsiZulu (Home Language).
- Ability to function well in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of -and the ability to use Learning Management Systems (LMS) for teaching and assessment.
- Familiarity with inclusive pedagogic practices and alternative assessment strategies.
- Good research skills and writing abilities.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Doctoral degree in Education with specialisation in IsiZulu Education.
- Proven research record of relevant publications in national accredited journals.
- Evidence of previous involvement in engaged scholarship.
- Experience in postgraduate supervision.
Assumption of duties:
1 April 2019.
15 February 2019.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 058 718 5096/ 5097.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa