Lecturer: Social Sciences Education
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate certificate modules in Geography Education, History Education and/ or Social Sciences Education primarily.
- Participate in the work integrated learning programme of the Faculty (teaching practice).
- Ensure active involvement in research activities of the Faculty and school.
- Contribute to curriculum development in the field of Geography Education, History Education and/ or Social Sciences Education primarily and any other relevant field of Education.
- Supervise and provide consultation sessions for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Work in a team with colleagues within the Faculty.
- Contribute to research coordination and perform administrative tasks related to the discipline.
- Master's degree with a focus on Geography Education, History Education and/ or Social Sciences Education.
- A Bachelor`s degree with Geography and/ or History major(s).
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- A minimum of five (5) years teaching experience in a schooling context or two (2) years teaching experience in a higher education context.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to function well in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of -and the ability to use Learning Management Systems (LMS) for teaching and assessment.
- Familiarity with inclusive pedagogic practices and alternative assessment strategies.
- Good research skills and writing abilities.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Doctoral degree in History Education, Geography Education and/ or Social Sciences Education.
- If not already in possession of a doctoral degree, willingness to register for a PhD in Geography Education, History Education and /or Social Sciences Education
- Proven research record of relevant publications in national or international accredited journals.
- Experience in postgraduate supervision.
Assumption of duties:
1 April 2019.
15 February 2019.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 058 718 5096/ 5097.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.