Lecturer: Life Sciences/Natural Sciences Education
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules in science education primarily.
- Participate in the work integrated learning programme of the faculty (teaching practice).
- Ensure active involvement in research activities of the faculty and school.
- Contribute to curriculum development in the field of Life Sciences/Natural Sciences education primarily and any other relevant field of education.
- Supervise and provide consultation sessions for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Work in a team with colleagues within the school and Faculty.
- Contribute to research coordination and perform administrative tasks related to the discipline.
- Master's degree in Education with a focus on Science Education.
- A Bachelor's degree with (a) relevant Life Sciences major(s) e.g. Biology, Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc..
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- A minimum of five (5) years teaching experience in a schooling context or two (2) years teaching experience in a higher education context.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to function independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to organise workload and to perform under pressure.
- A doctoral degree in Sciences Education
- Proven research record of relevant publications in national or international accredited journals.
- Experience in postgraduate supervision.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
15 February 2019.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 058 718 5096/ 5097.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific school / division.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa