IT Support Manager
- Install, configure and manage a new LIMS system together with the developer of the LIMS.
- Manage and calibrate the environmental monitoring system of the National Control Laboratory (NCL).
- Ensure that all NCL software licenses are up to date.
- Establishing qualification and regular testing of backup and security systems as required by international standards.
- Facilitate the transition process from Access databases to LIMS to consolidate data management into one system and improve data integrity and security.
- Assist staff with hardware and software where necessary.
- Install and validate specialist software (e.g., statistical packages) for all relevant IT equipment.
- Administer the NCL SharePoint site with respect to library structures and permissions.
- Implement ISO, GMP and other relevant international guidelines and standards for computer hardware, software and security.
- Assume responsibility for all computers and software within the NCL, including those interfaced to instruments and ensure that they comply with international standards for computerized systems.
- Ensure that correct and appropriate IT equipment is purchased for the NCL, in accordance to allocated budgets and policies.
- Engage in continuous professional development opportunities relevant to the position.
- Liaise and correspond with various stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effective execution of operations, tasks and projects where applicable.
- Three (3) year relevant IT qualification.
- Five (5) years relevant experience of maintaining computer systems with at least three of the five years in a corporate/commercial/industrial environment.
- Full operational knowledge of MS Windows and Linux, preferably CentOS or other Red Hat versions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and particularly Excel and Access.
- Full operational knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL Maria DB.
- Experience in computer programming and/or scripting language.
- Willingness to professionally develop self in ISO and GMP guidelines and standards for computer hardware, software and security.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Have a client centred approach.
- The ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Business acumen.
- Results oriented.
- Strategic thinking.
- Building coalitions.
• Linux Professional Institute qualification/certification.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
15 February 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/2808/9329.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa