Teaching and Learning Manager: Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Assist the Dean in providing leadership on the quality assurance of the respective programme offerings on different sites, and the need to shift from competition to collaboration, coherence and regulation.
- Assist the Dean in providing research driven leadership in the faculty in relation to teaching and learning.
- Conduct Teaching and Learning related research and lead a research programme on Teaching and Learning in the faculty.
- Assist the Dean in promoting and supporting scholarly teaching in the disciplines by identifying ways of promoting and developing a new generation of scholars in the field of teaching and learning.
- Attend meetings of institutional teaching and learning structures (committees or fora) to help address institutional teaching and learning challenges and to develop institutional level solutions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to academic staff with regard to the development of new qualifications and appropriate curricula, including identifying innovative methods of delivery and assessment, in response to national and regional needs, as well as the needs emanating from the 4th Industrial Revolution and in accordance with university policy.
- Identify and develop faculty specific approaches to address the training and development needs of academic staff and heads of departments.
- Record regulation changes and finalise yearbooks.Update the institutional systems (e.g. PS) to reflect the rulebook changes in all processes, e.g. Blackboard, timetables, etc.
- Manage and motivate rulebook changes in collaboration with the Heads of Departments to address national and regional disciplinary needs and development.
- Manage module success and graduation rates of all programmes in the faculty.
- Identify and support at-risk students.
- Statistically analyse institutional student data in order to inform faculty and institutional decisions on teaching and learning, curriculum design, and admission requirements.
- Statistically analyse faculty-specific teaching and learning data to inform student support initiatives, curriculum planning and strategic planning within the faculty.
- Communicate and promote a data/research-driven understanding of the learning and development needs of students and develop faculty-specific interventions, in collaboration with Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL), to address the specific learning needs of students in the faculty. This includes, but is not limited to, high impact student support programmes and practices such as tutorials, academic advising and the core undergraduate curriculum.
- Communicate the needs of academic staff in relation to teaching and learning infrastructure, support and technologies through appropriate faculty and institutional structures.
- Emphasise all aspects of academic quality assurance and provide guidance and assistance to Heads of Departments with external and/or internal programme reviews.
- Report on teaching and learning for the faculty on various institutional and faculty fora.
- A Masters' degree in a relevant discipline of Economic and Management Sciences and/or Higher education.
- Five (5) years relevant experience with at least three (3) years of leadership and/or management experience in a higher education environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Demonstrable experience in curriculum design and programme development.
- Data management and strong statistical analytical skills.
- Proven experience in the delivery of oral presentations at conferences or equivalent activities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- A PhD in a relevant field of a relevant discipline of Economic and Management Sciences and/or Higher education.
- Evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication, ideally in an accredited journal.
- Experience as a supervisor for postgraduate students.
- Demonstrable experience in general organising and coordination of administrative duties, mentoring and motivating staff, managing finances (e.g. annual budgeting, allocation of funds) of the unit.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and execution of innovative teaching and/or assessment strategies, especially in online platforms.
Assumption of duties:
1 March 2019 or soonest thereafter
15 February 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa