Young Investigator Fellowship in Genetics Applied to Aquaculture
- Full Time
The Project will be funded by São Paulo Research Foundation - FAPESP (www.fapesp.br/en), through its Young Investigator Award Program (http://fapesp.br/en/4479). The award will be provided as a Research Grant with the maximum duration of 48 months. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP Young Investigator Fellowship in the amount of R$ 8.152,20 monthly free of Income Taxes. The peer reviewed Project of the selected Young Investigator may receive a Research Grant as described in: http://fapesp.br/en/4479.
The Instituto de Pesca's mission is related to the responsibility of the use of living aquatic resources through the development of technology for sustainable aquaculture and fisheries, as well as the improvement of the quality of human life. Our infrastructure includes laboratories and experimental aquaculture ponds for trials. The current researches interests include development and use of molecular markers to assess aquaculture and fisheries genetic resources, quantitative genetics applied to fish and other aquatic organism, and genomic tools applied to aquaculture, such as transcriptome, genome sequencing and gene editing.
Expected research focus
The position requires the development of a creative, independent and productive basic of applied research program in one or more following topics:
- Development and use of molecular markers to assess aquaculture genetic resources to assist genetic breeding programs;
- Genomics applied to aquaculture with emphasis on genome sequencing, transcriptome, gene editing;
- Quantitative genetics applied to aquaculture breeding programs;
- Farming system development to introduce new technologies of reproduction and cryopreservation to benefit conservations and sustainable use of aquaculture native species.
Profile and required skills:
PhD in Animal Science, Biological Sciences, Biotechnology or related areas with experience in molecular biology and quantitative genetics (post-doctoral experience desirable). The candidate must have a background on molecular genetics and genomics. Language skills is necessary: English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Application, documents and dates
Please submit your application electronically, including a motivation letter (200 words MAX), curriculum vitae (04 pages MAX) and three recommendation letters file to Instituto de Pesca (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for applications is February 20, 2018. The applicants should send their résumé (in pdf) showing his/her experience and highlithting his/her publications in indexed scientific journals according to FAPESP instructions (short CV FAPESP instructions - http://www.fapesp.br/en/6351). The application should also include a short (300 words MAX) research proposal relevant to the area of interest of this position. Please send ALL the information as SINGLE .pdf file.
The candidates' curriculum, with proven experience on the topics described above and the submitted research proposal are key elements in the selection process. The candidate will receive an e-mail informing if he/she was pre-selected for this position by email@example.com. The pre-selected candidates will be asked to submit a full research Project by March 31, 2018 and the final decision will be posted in www.pesca.sp.gov.br by May 15, 2018.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows: Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence: All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies: All
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil