Young Investigator Fellowship in Pathology of Aquatic Organisms
- Full Time
The Project will be funded by São Paulo Research Foundation - FAPESP (www.fapesp.br/en), through its Young Investigator Award Program (http://fapesp.br/en/4479). The award will be provided as a Research Grant with the maximum duration of 48 months. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP Young Investigator Fellowship in the amount of R$ 8.152,20 monthly free of Income Taxes. The peer reviewed Project of the selected Young Investigator may receive a Research Grant as described in: http://fapesp.br/en/4479.
Expected research focus
The research focus is related to the following topics:
- Vaccine application methods;
- Evaluation of vaccine adjuvant for fish;
- Development of new technologies for fish vaccine;
- Employment of molecular techniques applied for fish vaccine;
- Fish pathology - microbiology (bacteriology and/or virology);
- Histopathology of fish;
- Fish immunology.
Profile and required skills
PhD in Biological, Veterinary or Animal Science (Molecular biology/Biochemistry/Microbiology), with experience in vaccine studies, fish immunology, histopathology, microbiology and development of specific trials with fish. Fish experiment trials (LD50, infection challenge) and abilities to assembly of systems for experimental infection testing (aquarium, water quality parameters control and fish management). Language skills: English, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Application, documents and dates
Please submit your application electronically, including a motivation letter (200 words MAX), curriculum vitae (04 pages MAX) and three recommendation letters file to Instituto de Pesca (firstname.lastname@example.org). The closing date for applications is February 20, 2018. The applicants should send their résumé (in pdf) showing his/her experience and highlithting his/her publications in indexed scientific journals according to FAPESP instructions (short CV FAPESP instructions - http://www.fapesp.br/en/6351). The application should also include a short (300 words MAX) research proposal relevant to the area of interest of this position. Please send ALL the information as SINGLE .pdf file.
The candidates' curriculum, with proven experience on the topics described above and the submitted research proposal are key elements in the selection process. The candidate will receive an e-mail informing if he/she was pre-selected for this position by email@example.com. The pre-selected candidates will be asked to submit a full research project by March 31, 2018 and the final decision will be posted in www.pesca.sp.gov.br by May 15, 2018.
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows: Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence: All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies: All
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil