Advisor - Centre for Student Recruitment and Career Advice
2 days left
- Full Time
Division of Student Access
Centre for Student Recruitment and Career Advice
- Positioning Stellenbosch University as a tertiary institution of choice;
- Disseminating information relating to our academic offering so as to assist prospective students and their parents to make informed decisions;
- Marketing Stellenbosch University through verbal presentations at schools and participation in programme fairs (career exhibitions);
- Assisting prospective students from designated groups with the application and registration process;
- Establishing and maintaining a database of high-prospect candidates;
- Coordinating interventions aimed at improving the application and enrolment rates of prospective students;
- Effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally;
- Coordinating on-campus activities for school groups and visitors;
- Compiling monthly reports on activities, reach and impact.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree;
- Minimum of two years' working experience in a similar environment;
- Full proficiency in English as well as another South African language;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to present comfortably to large and smaller audiences;
- Good organisation and administrative skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to perform under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Willingness and availability to travel often and to work irregular hours when necessary;
- Full computer literacy.
- A recognised teaching qualification;
- Proficiency in isiXhosa.
Enquiries regarding job content: Magdel Pretorius on 021 808 2631, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
Commencement date: 1 May 2019
Closing date: 22 February 2019
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.