Content Development Specialist
- Full Time
he Medical College (MC) was established in 1983, as a part of the Aga Khan University's Faculty of Health Sciences in Pakistan. It attaches great emphasis to the professional, personal and intellectual development of faculty and students, so that its graduates become contributory members and leaders of society.
The programmes offered by the Medical College are tailored to international standards in curriculum, student engagement and assessment, and aim to develop clinical competence in community settings and hospitals, as well as the assessment of health and prevention of disease in communities through primary health-care programmes.
You will develop content required for print and digital channels to effectively communicate on behalf of the Dean and other MC leaders, both internally and externally. This will include regular communications from the Dean, content development for the MC, Pakistan website and, contribution to newsletters and relevant University publications. You will also assist the Dean in writing speeches, preparing other media and promoting the MC's strategic plans.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with MC departments to develop content for a variety of academic (education and research), public relations, marketing and advertising material
- Ensuring that content is creative, accurate and aligned with the University's and MC's overarching messaging
- Supporting the MC leadership and faculty in choosing compelling stories, deciding on which print and digital channels to use and how to position them for maximum impact
- Writing, editing, updating and proofreading content pertaining to departments, programmes and faculty on a regular basis for the website, in coordination with leaders and content writers of different departments
- Preparing and editing content for brochures, advertisements and event-related material (both print and digital)
- Assisting the Dean and other MC leaders in writing speeches
- Assisting in the development of MC video content to be placed on various platforms, for internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting communications for select MC events, which includes developing event-specific key messages
- Providing support in responding quickly to media requests for stories, interviews and photos
- Preparing regular reports highlighting key accomplishments and performance indicators
You should have:
- A Master's degree in communications, journalism or a related discipline or the equivalent in training and experience
- 2-3 years of related professional experience in writing content for a variety of communication channels
- Experience of using other media (e.g. videos) to communicate corporate messages to promote the institutional mission would be an advantage
- Experience in higher education or health care sector is highly desirable
- Exceptional writing skills to produce clear and effective content for a variety of media; experience in video storytelling will be an advantage
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with various internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Ability to be proactive, self-driven and capable of working independently, as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Active listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and adhere to strict deadlines
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by February 20, 2019