Placements and Internships Officer - Health and Medical Faculty
The Placements and Internships Officer coordinates the provision of a range of professional, academic and student focused, administrative support and advice. As the successful candidate, you will be required to deliver timely advice to student enquiries, and your role will also see you negotiating and liaising with internal and external providers, government and other stakeholders to support the resolution of placement issues and to develop a range of process improvement projects.
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating student and program administration, preferably in a higher education environment, including providing and ensuring the delivery of information, advice and reports.
- Demonstrated experience communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner to deliver client centric results.
- Well-developed experience in coordinating and taking responsibility for the efficient coordination and delivery of a range of student related support and administrative functions, including prioritising and organising the delivery of challenging workloads and timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in utilising the full suite of Microsoft applications, and student and records management systems.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty's broader role
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences contains one of Australia's largest concentrations of leading health researchers, teachers and clinical titleholders. It's comprised of five schools and a number of specialist disciplines, institutes and centres, variously focused on world-class research, and training the next generation of: medical doctors; surgeons; dentists; nurses; psychiatrists; psychologists; and other health professionals.
Learn more at: health.adelaide.edu.au
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
- Racheal Kennedy
- Placements & Internships Coordinator
- P: +61 (8) 8313 6219
- E: email@example.com
For application related queries, contact:
- Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences HR
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.