Video Coding Researcher
The Media & Internet Area (MIA) at i2CAT Research Foundation is looking for a research software developer willing to explore the VR/AR sector.
MIA Area brings together a team of both, researchers and engineers tasked with exploring new ideas in the VR/AR sector. This position calls for close collaboration with researchers and developers in augmented and virtual reality, computer graphics and networking to develop demos, tools and interactions towards next generation spatial computing.
The successful candidate will lead our activities towards the implementation and optimization of Pointclouds and Lightfield content pipelines using Kinect/Real Sense and Raytrix camera arrays, will adapt existing codecs and develop new ones, as well as optimize reception and decoding components on a Unity 3D VR client for HMDs. He/she will support network engineers and Unity3D developers in delivering an outstanding user experience in the framework of the H2020 VR-Together project. Delivering low-latency, high-fidelity experiences in immersive media is still an open computational challenge, so this role requires experience in writing, debugging and profiling video coding code.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Develop libraries, toolkits, pipelines and algorithms that can be leveraged across multiple AR/VR research projects.
- Write efficient, elegant and reusable code in modern C++.
- Adapt existing coding algorithms and develop new ones towards the compression of new media formats (PointClouds, Lightfields)
- Investigate and implement state-of-the-art algorithms in video coding to achieve good compression rates of pointcloud and lightfields based content.
- Create innovative experiences at the intersection of multiple fronts in computational media: Lightfields, Columetric Video, PointClouds and meshes.
- Analysis and experimentation of emerging video capture devices.
Who we are:
The i2CAT Foundation is a research and innovation center which promotes mission-oriented R+D+i activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The center stands up for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2CAT has a wide experience in multiple national and European R+D+i projects, leading research lines in new fixed & mobile network architectures, wireless sensor networks, Big Data and AI, and content-based multimedia technologies.
What do we offer?
- A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
- Located in Zona Universitaria with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
- Participate on European and National research projects.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Be in contact with leading edge technology
- Fix + Variable salary
- Full time contract
- Gym at reduced price
- Option of salary in kind (tiq. restaurant, tiq. transport, insurance etc.)
- 25 free working days per year
- 2 tele-work days per month
- Fridays afternoon off
- Intensive summer work schedule
- Flexible working schedule
- The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
- The i2CAT Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain