Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education (UGME)
The Aga Khan University is a private, international University committed to international standards of excellence in teaching, research and service. Its Medical College was established in 1983, as a part of the Aga Khan University's Faculty of Health Sciences in Pakistan, and attaches great emphasis to the professional, personal and intellectual development of students, so that its graduates become contributory members and leaders of society. Closely associated with Medical College is a teaching hospital; the Aga Khan University Hospital has been accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission International for achieving the highest international healthcare standards.
The AKU Medical College offers a five-year undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme. The programme aspires to international standards in curriculum design and student engagement with a view to develop students' competencies in hospital based care, primary care and community health.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Associate Dean, Undergraduate Medical Education (UGME).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
- Provide a world-class learning experience for students, based on the best available pedagogical principles
- Oversee student teaching in all clinical and non-clinical departments
- Work to ensure educational development of faculty in keeping with curricular objectives
- Strengthen UGME governance to ensure effective program implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure compliance with national and international regulatory bodies
- Establish international linkages with medical education organizations and institutions in keeping with University policy.
These functions will be carried out in collaboration with but not limited to the Department of Education Development, Office of Registrar, Office of the Dean of Students, Centre for Innovation in Medical Education, Research and Innovation Office of the University, Student Finance Office etc.
The applicant should be a Medical faculty, at least at the level of Associate Professor with experience in education, a record of scholarship in education and substantial achievements in educational programme development and implementation. He/she should have strong administrative credentials, excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to project AKU and its UGME Programme appropriately to stakeholders and the community in general. External candidates should have a successful track record of leadership of similar programme at institutions of similar stature.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 31, 2019