Head Nurse, Outpatient Area - GI & Surgery
6 days left
- Full Time
GI & Surgery Service Line manages patients with a variety of acute and chronic surgical and medical conditions related to General Surgery, Breast Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Gastroenterology. Comprehensive inpatient and outpatient facilities including general and intensive care are available for surgical and gastrointestinal patients. Moreover, our Endoscopy suite provides diagnostic / therapeutic scopic procedures to both ambulatory and inpatients.
Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Head Nurse, Outpatient area - GI & Surgery.
You will be responsible for providing leadership in executing quality patient care, mentoring nursing workforce, coordinating with internal departments striving for continuous quality improvement by:
- providing leadership to develop unit and staff
- developing staff roaster (Staffing and scheduling)
- managing unit resources (human and material resource)
- maintaining and manage unit inventory
- ensure delivery of safe and competent care to the patient
- maintaining and manage staff and patient‘s satisfaction
- managing and maintain unit processes during staffing crisis
You should have:
- a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BScN) from an accredited school
- minimum five years of experience in acute care or relevant setting.
- Assistant Head Nurse / Head Nurse level experience will be preferred
- valid license from Pakistan Nursing Council
- certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Safe Medication Administration, Aseptic Techniques, I/V Cannulation, Tool Training and Facilitation Course
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 24, 2019