Assistant Head Nurse (Locum), GI and Surgery Service Line
- Full Time
GI & Surgery Service Line manages patients with a variety of acute and chronic surgical and medical conditions related to General Surgery, Breast Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Gastroenterology. Comprehensive inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory facilities including general and intensive care are available for patients. Moreover, our Endoscopy suite provides diagnostic / therapeutic scopic procedures to both ambulatory and inpatients.
Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Assistant Head Nurse (Locum), GI and Surgery Service Line.
You will be responsible to:
- assist Head Nurse in day to day management of the Inpatient area
- teach and mentor new staff of the area
- ensure that quality care is delivered to patients
- meet consultants frequently to discuss patient care related issues
- coordinate with multidisciplinary teams to enhance quality of patient care
- assess patient care and acuity trends, plan and manage unit and staffing, and ensure availability of supplies, equipment and other resources
- demonstrate initiatives to review concepts of Quality Improvement in Nursing Practice (QINP).
You should have:
- a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BScN) from an accredited school
- minimum three years of nursing experience
- valid license from Pakistan Nursing Council
- certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Safe Medication Administration, Aseptic Techniques, I/V Cannulation, Tool Training and Facilitation Course
- excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
- willingness to work in shift duties.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 24, 2019
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Nursing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan