Reporting to the Senior Manager, you would be responsible to assist in ensuring that the Aga Khan University (AKU) and the Aga Khan Hospital and Medical College Foundation (AKHMCF) comply fully with Statutory Fiscal Laws as it relates to Income Tax, Sales Tax, Excise Duty, Property Tax, Stamp Duty, etc. Also, ensure that support and or advice to the AKU and AKHMCF and other institutions of the AKDN in Pakistan and overseas in all matters are provided.
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to;
- Monitoring and ensuring that the University's tax withholding and reporting obligations are complied with under Income Tax, Federal/Provincial Sales Tax, Property Tax, Stamp Duty, Ground Rent and other relevant tax laws as applicable to a University & Hospital.
- Ensure that all taxes deducted at source, collected or deducted from salaries and vendor's bills are duly deposited in the State Bank of Pakistan as required by law.
- Being uptodate on all changes in tax laws, closely monitoring SRO's and other related issues to keep the University compliant with relate tax laws.
- Monitor that the University is not charged any levy from which it is exempt.
- Capable of independently responding to queries related to tax or levies raised by the various departments.
- Ensure that queries raised by the tax authorities are properly responded.
- Ensure safekeeping and easy retrieval system of all tax related documents for period required by law.
- CA with excellent knowledge of all matters related to Federal, Provincial, Local and Customs related tax laws, rules and regulations.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in tax related matters.
- Worked in a multinational organisation, with at least 6 years post qualification in managing operational matters of tax compliance.
- Experience of independently communicating with Taxation Department.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Urdu.
- Be a team player and have excellent organising skills.
- Experience of ERP and proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, and other IT tools and systems is required.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 24, 2019