Lecturer in Human Geography
Lecturer: Human Geography
Job ID: 2711
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide formal teaching of Human Geography for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Ensure active involvement in research
- Supervise and provide consultation sessions for postgraduate students.
- Perform general administration duties as applicable at university level.
- Master's degree in Geography.
- Proven experience in presentation of poster or oral presentations at conferences or equivalent activities.
- A good academic record.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to function independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to organise workload and to perform under pressure.
- Computer Literacy.
- Business acumen.
- Result orientated.
- Strategic thinking.
- Building coalitions.
- A PhD in Geography or enrolled for a Doctorate in Geography.
- Willing to enrol for a doctoral degree in Geography at the first available opportunity, if not yet attained by the time of the appointment.
- Proven research record.
- Qualification and experience in teaching and learning at university level.
Assumption of duties:
01 July 2019
22 March 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3689/9161/9962.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
Please note: Compile/Convert all the below documents as one document (Pdf or Word), when uploading it on the online applications system.
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Geography Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa