Pharmacist, Clinical Trials Unit
- Full Time
Department Clinical Trials Unit
Entity Aga Khan University
Location Karachi, Pakistan
Aga Khan University was established in 1983 as an international university with an objective to promote human welfare in general, and the welfare of the people in the countries in which it operates, by disseminating knowledge and providing instruction, training, research and service in the health sciences, education and such other branches of learning as the University may determine.
Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) is dedicated to develop a center of excellence for high quality and high impact clinical trials both nationally & internationally. The Unit promotes AKU's vision by providing leadership, consultation and facilitation in different phases of clinical trials in compliance with the International Standards and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Pharmacist in Clinical Trials Unit.
You will be responsible to:
- review clinical trial protocols for Clinical Trials Unit clinical investigational drug trials, as required
- manage investigational product labeling, dispensing, and returns on daily bases
- liaise with investigators and study team and train staff on drug management aspects
- maintain master files for drug management of all trials and keep all trial relevant essential documents.
- perform randomization of studies where applicable.
- maintain responsibility for the management of the inventory for clinical investigational drug trials; orders, replaces and returns study materials, as required
- communicate any concerns regarding ethical issues or deviation from established Hospital/CTU policies & procedures to the supervisor
- coordinate with sponsor, EPI Centre, MMD purchase, ware house for study drug procurement
- develop procurement plan and shares with the relevant study and CTU personnel accordingly
- attend and contribute to interdisciplinary team meetings relating to clinical investigational drug trials
- monitor pharmacy activities, on a daily basis, to ensure adherence to proper inventory record maintenance and timely and accurate billing as required supporting the clinical investigations.
You should have:
- Pharm.D, MS or other advanced degree in pharmacy practice. Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy will be considered with appropriate clinical/pharmacy experience
- at least 3 years of experience in a hospital-based pharmacy, related environment or equivalent
- strong communication and interpersonal skills
- proficiency in the use of computers and related Office software
- research and clinical experience will be an asset.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be submitted latest by March 29, 2019
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Pakistan