Support Officer - Postgraduate School
Officer: (post level 11/10)
Job ID: 2721
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the diary of the Director of the Postgraduate School.
- Handle general office administration.
- Report on financial expenditure.
- Handle financial queries.
- Manage and recommend all electronic claims entered by the financial assistant officer on the electronic financial system to route accurately for the approval of the Director.
- Coordinate the professional development programme offered by the Postgraduate School.
- B.Com with specialisation in Human Resource Management, B degree in Public Administration or any other relevant B degree.
- Two (2) years relevant working experience in the roles and responsibilities as set out above.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Oriented.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- Work experience in a higher education environment.
- Work experience (3 years and more).
- PeopleSoft experience.
- A relevant Honours degree.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 March 2019
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161/3934/3106/3687/3592.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.