Staff Specialist or Senior Staff Specialist (Emergency Department)
7 days left
- Organization Type
North West Hospital and Health Service, Mount Isa Hospital.
This position provides emergency care to patients within the hospital setting and telehealth support and advice for the remote locations of the service. The successful candidate will also be actively involved in education and training, including College training programs. A permanent full-time role is available however flexible rosters can be negotiated that allow for part time positions, position sharing and fly in fly out. The competitive salary includes rural/remote allowances and salary loadings, including an Emergency Department allowance. An interest in Public health, particularly as it pertains to Indigenous and Rural and Remote Health, is desirable
Salary: Pro rata remuneration package based on full-time equivalent value of up to $547,824+ p.a. (+ any other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising base salary range of $171,044 - $216,865 p.a. (full time) or $81.95 - $103.90 p,h, (part-time) (L18-L27), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, locality allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave) and inaccessibility allowance. Employer provided assistance with accommodation (conditions may apply). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
About North West Hospital and Health Service
The North West Hospital and Health Service covers an area of over 300,000 square kilometres and services the rural and remote communities within North Western Queensland and the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Health Service includes the City of Mount Isa and the towns and areas of Burketown, Camooweal, Cloncurry, Dajarra, Doomadgee, Julia Creek, Karumba, Normanton and Mornington Island.
About the Role
- Assist the Director/Co-Directors in the provision of clinical services to patients of the Emergency Department.
- Manage the administrative requirements of patient care including ensuring that discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed on discharge/with minimal delay.
- Ensure appropriate professional communication with individual patients, relatives, guardians and all relevant health professionals necessary for quality clinical care outcomes, including for the transfer of responsibility of clinical care.
- Supervise Registrars, Resident Medical Officers, Interns and Students and provide assistance, guidance and advice on diagnosis, management and treatment of patients.
- Act as a clinical resource person in the management of acutely ill patients throughout the health service.
- The position requires the incumbent to be rostered outside of “ordinary hours”, typically working 10 hours shifts on an 8 on 6 off fortnightly roster.
- The position requires the incumbent to fulfil clinical on-call (stand by) requirements in the Emergency Department in line with their approved scope of clinical practice.
The Mount Isa Hospital Emergency Department (ED) is a well-equipped rural ED, accredited with Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) for training in Emergency Medicine and contains a great team of Staff Specialists, Senior Medical Officers, Resident Medical Officers and Registrars.
Benefits of working with North West HHS
We are committed to providing a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to our employees. Our health service offers generous remuneration packages and employment benefits which include salary sacrificing options, recreational leave loading, generous employer superannuation contribution, shift allowances, locality allowances, professional development assistance, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program.
Mount Isa is a unique and progressive city nestled among the splendour of the Selwyn Ranges in the heart of North West Queensland. Once a raw frontier town built around the vast mineral resources, Mount Isa has grown into a thriving industrial and commercial centre renowned for its friendly and welcoming nature. Affectionately known as the ‘oasis of the outback,' Mount Isa represents over 50 nationalities which give the city a unique cosmopolitan flavour. People enjoy living in this modern community, with restaurants, excellent health care, shopping, churches, clubs, service clubs and social activities. You will love the yearly carnival of festivities and celebrations including the Mount Isa Rodeo. Mount Isa is a great place to live and work!
Informal enquiries are welcome: Dr Ulrich Orda (Director of Emergency Department) - 0409 052 284 / NWHHSMedicalWorkforceUnit@health.qld.gov.au
Closing date for applications: Monday, 6 May 2019
For further information or to submit an online application: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-MI305756
Job Ad Reference: MI305756