Healthcare Business Analyst - Rocky Hill, CT
Position Description :
- Define and document/communicate business requirements
- Develop and document medium to high complexity business workflows
- Analyze scope and resolution of medium to large size Operations Management (OM) and development requests
- Provide clear description of problems / issues for medium to high complexity problems
- Present options for problem resolution
- Contribute in developing organizational functional knowledge
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in his/her chosen functional / application area
- Assist in estimation of small to medium size work effort
- Establish and manage overall project plans for small to medium size efforts
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Performs complex conceptual analyses
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Forecasts and plans resource requirements
- Authorizes deviations from standards
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group.
We are in search of a proactive problem solver with proven analytical skills. Positions in this function work in the business analysis phase of the system development life cycle and consult with users to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. The successful candidate will be considered
Extensive experience with data analysis or writing business specifications for systems design and development is required. Healthcare industry experience is preferred, as is experience working with demand management tools. Strong MS Office proficiency is a must. A background working with customer relationship management applications is a plus.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
- 3 years experience in an IT role requiring business or data analysis
- 3 years experience in the healthcare claims industry
- 2 years experience with project planning or project management
- 3 years data warehousing experience
- 2 years experience in a role requiring strong communication (verbal and written) with internal/external customers
- High school diploma/GED and 3 years experience or a Bachelors degree
- Prior incident management and/or problem management experience
- Understanding of the SDLC process
- Knowledge of the HPQC application is a plus.
- Experiences with MS Access, TOAD and/or SQL
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage both internal and external customers over an extended period of time
- Demonstrated ability to work in an ever changing environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.