Corporate Accounts Payable Specialist
This position is responsible for the accounts payable related to the corporate sites, which includes two entities and a charitable foundation. This position also performs the monthly close process for corporate accounts payable that includes closing accounts payable for the corporate entities, creating the intercompany package, and recording accruals. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all accounts payable duties for the corporate site and other corporate entities.Includes reviewing invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment; prioritizing any invoices with potential cash discounts for payment and processing check requests.
- This position runs the weekly check run; matches invoices to checks, obtains signatures for all checks and distributes checks accordingly; runs the positive pay file and sends it to the bank. Also, updates and maintains the corporate approval listing that is signed by the CFO.
- Other duties include: new vendor set-up; ACH wire payments; respond to all vendor inquires; research and correct any discrepancies; reconcile vendor statements; assist in month-end closing; 1099 maintenance; sales and use tax reporting; maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately and in accordance with policies and practices.
- Interact with and provide assistance to other corporate departments and other PerkinElmer sites.
- Maintain corporate accounts payable Sarbanes Oxley narratives and assist with performing Sarbanes Oxley testing related to corporate accounts payable.
- Perform other related duties of similar complexity as directed.This position is part of PerkinElmer's corporate accounting group at the company's corporate headquarters, so additional duties could include, but are not limited to, helping other sites with accounts payable and 1099 maintenance, pulling invoices and other special projects.