Product Reliability Engineer
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.
We are seeking a Product Reliability Engineer for the Santa Clara, California worksite for the Medical Imaging business. Medical Imaging develops and manufactures CMOS and Amorphous Silicon flat panel X-ray detectors for medical, veterinary, and industrial use.
The Product Reliability Engineer is an integral part of the Medical Imaging Engineering team in Santa Clara, California. In this position, you will define reliability specifications, develop reliability test plans, conduct and monitor the reliability test effort, analyze data, perform failure analysis, and support the development of new Flat Panel Digital X-Ray detectors. All phases of the product lifecycle are to be reviewed and assessed, from the initial reliability testing of prototypes including failure analysis, components and systems qualification. The position reports to the Detector Integration Engineering Manager. .
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Define Product Reliability Specifications based on detector design requirement specifications and all applicable regulatory standards and requirements
- Develop reliability test plans
- Manage and execute reliability tests
- Manage and coordinate alpha and beta testing before product release
- Conduct data analysis and failure analysis
- Write failure analysis and qualification reports
- Develop and monitor reliability metrics and goals to drive quality improvement efforts
- Provide technical support and resolve product issues in the field
- Provide guidance to internal teams and interface with customers regarding reliability questions or concerns