Senior Project Manager
A seasoned, creative engineering professional working in a cross functional team environment of both engineering and scientific disciplines. Plans, executes and controls new product development projects ensuring that all project deliverables are delivered in a quality, timely and cost-effective manner, communicating project status cross functionally as well as to Sr. Leadership.
- Manage cross-functional development teams to develop new and enhance existing products. Uses a phase gated development framework to efficiently complete the tasks required for new product introductions and to meet overall product quality, cost and time-to-market goals. Agile software project management skills are a plus.
- Assure that the developed products meet or exceed performance and cost, manufacturability and serviceability goals.
- Utilize business acumen skills to understand the true business needs and define project scope. Work with key team members, ensure work plans for the cross-functional development teams are produced and appropriately monitored to ensure that project objectives are met within the time allowed by the overall schedule. Accommodate modifications that may become necessary due to changing conditions.
- Facilitate meaningful and constructive exchange of ideas and knowledge; applies extra effort as required to meet project goals.
- Communicate within the project team all functional responsibilities and project status. Utilize knowledge of cross functional organization to drive all tasks to completion. Develop team members and coaches them to perform to high levels. Provide constructive feedback for development.
- Conduct project presentations or demonstrations to customers, leadership, and colleagues.
- Communicate project status to cross-functional Sr. Leadership through project reviews and status reports.
- Prepare project expense and capital budgets; tracks progress to plan. Provide guidance to Product Leaders in developing their financial plans.
- Identify and manage technical issues and project risks.
- Maintain project metrics for accurate project status communication and is actively involved in the global development of these metrics.
- Assure adequate and accurate documentation of project activity; assure that R&D team members maintain a lab notebook and/or other suitable documentation of activities.
- Recommend process improvements and is actively involved in the global development of processes and tools.