Business Development Associate - Health Sciences
Early-stage technology-based companies are a large contributor to the economic vitality of a community. They provide highly skilled employment opportunities, reinvest in research at postsecondary institutions and buy supplies and services locally. However, start-up technology-based companies often require hands-on assistance in bridging the gap between a research and development mind-set and a business perspective. These companies often require assistance in articulating viable business models, developing market entry strategies and business plans, attracting management talent, accessing financial support and networking with the private sector.
TEC Edmonton has an immediate opening for a Business Development Associate specializing in biotechnology, medical device and health care areas. This position will provide assistance to early-stage companies in biotechnology and health care companies. This position will provide support to TEC Edmonton’s Business Development group and to early-stage technology companies, entrepreneurs and inventors by providing detailed market research and analysis, strategic advisory and other business development support. The successful candidate will analyze research findings and develop recommendations based on those findings, as well as potentially play a role in implementing recommendations and supporting clients as they transition from concept to investment- and market-ready companies.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Collecting and analyzing market, industrial, financial and economic information to assist in the development of appropriate business strategies for technology clients
- Conducting primary in-person and telephone interviews with potential customers, suppliers, competitors and industry experts
- Working with companies to develop optimal commercialization strategies
- Analyzing findings and producing written reports to support research
- Formulating strategic business recommendations
- Assisting clients in developing business plans, marketing plans and investor information packages
- Participating in client meetings to discuss findings and recommendations
- Liaising with funding agencies (public and private) in order to understand their requirements and strategic direction; supporting companies in the preparation of presentation to funding agencies
- Undergraduate degree in biological sciences, chemistry, business or health science related fields; MBA preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- 2-4 years of experience in market analysis or industry would be beneficial; relevant experience in business, biotechnology, medical device and health care sectors would be an asset
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and be well organized
- Able to act decisively and work with a variety of teams and clients
In accordance with the Sessional and Other Temporary Staff agreement, this position has an initial appointment of one year, with the possibility of renewal, offers a comprehensive benefits package found at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca and annual salary commensurate with education and experience.
Although this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter by August 19, 2016.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Canada
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Canada
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Canada
- Information Science and Technology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Canada